Who We Are
Bioproton is a developer and manufacturer of enzymes, probiotics, toxin binders, surfactants and other high-quality feed additives. We have sales in over 45 countries and are committed to evolving via innovative research and development that delivers novel products for the growing global feed market.
The company, founded in 1984 has expanded significantly in recent years – in 2014, our Export Factory and Laboratory was opened by Queensland Science Minister, and in 2016, Bioprocess Facility expansion was completed. In 2018, a production in Finland (Europe) was opened. Bioproton has sales, marketing and distribution networks covering Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, North and South America.
Our investment in R&D enables Bioproton to develop high-quality additives, which are unique and relevant to the global feed industry. External academic and industry partnerships complement this development process.
Bioproton guarantees that all its products are certified using stringent veterinary and feed additive standards, such as APVMA-GMP and FAMI-QS.
Bioproton has been a recipient of Australian Government awards and grants, such as Premier’s Export Awards (finalist in Agricultural Category 2012), Australian Research Council (ARC) Grants and Commercialisation Australia (CA) Grants. In 2017, Westpac nominated Bioproton as one of the top 20 ‘Businesses of Tomorrow’ companies in Australia.
Bioproton Sales Office and Operations
Bioproton guarantees that all its products are certified using stringent veterinary and feed additive standards, such as APVMA-GMP and FAMI-QS. To ensure the highest quality assurance, Bioproton maintains the following quality certifications:
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) as regulated by the APVMA (Australian Pesticide & Veterinary Medicines Authority)
- FAMI-QS (Quality and Safety System for Specialty Feed Ingredients)
- HACCP System (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) as incorporated into FAMI-QS
- DAWR Registered Export Facility (Department of Agriculture and Water Resources Australia)
- The Pet Food Industry Association of Australia
- Finnish Food Authority
- US FDA Food Facility Registration
For further details, please click on the logos below.